Matthew C. Indrisano graduated from George Mason University School of Law in 2003. Mr. Indrisano is a member of the Virginia State Bar and is admitted to practice before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia. Mr. Indrisano has appeared pro hac vice in the United Stated District Court for the Southern District of New York and the United Stated District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Mr. Indrisano regularly participates in complex, multi-party litigation in federal and state court involving various subject matters. He has experience in civil and commercial litigation, bankruptcy, landlord and tenant law, traffic violations, collection matters, and homeowners’/condominium association law. Mr. Indrisano provides bankruptcy services to consumers and federal law requires that he be identified as a Debt Relief Agency. Mr. Indrisano helps people file bankruptcy in Virginia under the United States Bankruptcy Code.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation, including prosecuting and defending claims of tortious interference with contract claims, violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act, business conspiracy claims, breach of contracts, leases, employment agreements and enforceability of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy Litigation, including representing business and personal debtors in chapter 7, 13 and 11 bankruptcy cases as well as representing debtors and creditors in preference, fraudulent transfer and objection to discharge cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division.
- Landlord and Tenant Litigation, including enforcement of commercial and residential lease and eviction proceedings throughout Northern Virginia.
- Lead attorney in case alleging a violation of civil rights under 42 U.S. Code § 1983 resulting in confidential settlement after successfully defending against a motion for summary judgment in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division.
- Second-chaired breach of contract jury trial resulting in a verdict of over Three Million Dollars in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division.
- Lead attorney defending against a fraud claim where the damage claim was nearly Four Million Dollars. The case was resolved by confidential settlement agreement.
- Second-chaired breach of contract claim in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York where complaint alleged loses in excess of Two Million Dollars.
- Successful represented a creditor in obtaining a denial of discharge in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division.